10 Wall Art tips to add life to your space!
Would you like to add something more at your space except of the ideal furniture? Do you live in a modern tract home with big, impossible walls to fill? Are you having trouble deciding what size or type of wall decor to choose or how to hang pictures? Turn those boring white or beige walls into a thing of beauty by choosing large, colorful or textural pieces that add life to your space.
1. To choose a perfectly sized piece of art, measure the blank wall and deduct 12-24 inches. A good rule of thumb is to choose wall art that takes up the width of the wall, minus 6-12 inches on each side, so it looks like it is centered, like the image below.
2. What if you are hanging wall art over a sofa, bed or table? Choose a piece of art (or a series) that is the same length as the furniture piece or smaller.
3. What if you have a gigantic wall? Choose smaller pieces that can be laid like a collage or gallery wall like the contemporary living room above.
Hang wall art in a diptych or triptych pattern, which is basically two, three or more panels of art that flow. Be sure to leave at least 2 inches between the pieces. You can do bigger spacing if you have a huge wall, just keep it consistent.
4. A bamboo wall sculpture breaks up all the tailored lines in this master bedroom. Wall decor comes in all shapes and sizes. There is traditional framed art, lightweight and unframed canvases, object collages, metal wall sculptures and more.
5. A diptych (two panels of art) flows from one canvas to the other to add a sophisticated touch to this living room.
6. A contemporary living room gets organically shaped wood rings in a free flowing pattern to warm up and soften the room.
7. Bold dining room wall décor. Graphic yet tonal in black and white, the oversized wall panel is the focal point of the dining room.
8. Orange details on the wall. You can also add some orange accessories in the room to fit with the wall.
9. Instead of tossing that random roll of wallpaper, use it to give your window treatments some color.
10. Mirrors add so much detail, decoration, and function to your living room and take away nothing. Try to find a unique mirror and position it correctly, try hanging it on a wall opposite your windows, in order to brighten up your living room.